Wednesday 24 February 2016

Why Every Writers Should Own A Blog

·   0




I started blogging in the year 2013. Then i started it because i just want to own a blog(not a good reason) then i was not sure if i should take writing as a career. In 2014 created another blog Then i just want to own a writer's blog(a good reason with a bad approach) then i was sure writing is what i want to do. The blog failed in 2014 because all i do is post my works without sharing the posts(lack of marketing strategy)

Now before you start a blog there are few questions you need to ask yourself:

*What will distinguish your blog? *What’s your unique angle? Most successful blogs have a very specific angle, topic, or audience.
*What is your purpose?
*What are your goals?

(The more time you spend blogging, the more value you build for readers over time)

There is one problem: You need patience; you must be willing to commit to blogging for more than a year ( I told you i started Blogging in 2013 I regret not taking it seriously then It took me this long to find my voice and the niche that I felt most strongly about, where I believed I had a unique contribution to make.)
One more thing before you start a blog, you need to think about who’ll send you traffic. Identify the notable community players, the people who you’ll build relationships with.

Now back to the topic. Why every writer should own a blog. I will be using myself as a case study

Blogging helped me find my calling. If I had started earlier, I would’ve gotten published in magazines faster and would’ve written more books by now.
Reason? Because blogging taught me how to practice, how to edit, and how to write for a deadline. But even if it didn’t launch my writing career (which it did), I wish i started Blogging earlier.

Here are the reasons why I wish i started Blogging earlier
1. Blogging teaches you discipline. Having to sit down once a day or once week and write is an important skill.
2. Blogging teaches you self-examination . Blogging has helped me understand myself and my place in the world.
3. Blogging gives you a voice. We all have something to say, even if we don’t think of ourselves as writers or speakers. A blog gives you a place, free from censorship and criticism, to express your mind and find other people who connect with what you believe.

In this generation where we can reach the world without having to open our front doors. When we can publish ourselves and share our best thoughts with the world: when we can step onstage at an open Mic event (Arthub, chill and relax and many more) and reach a lot of people or post a video on Youtube that gets shared on another continent or write a blog post that touches just one other soul.

Are you ready to take your career to the next level start a blog now.

Ok you need help starting you blog don't worry i will be dropping post on Blogging (strictly for writers) for the next few month

Image:
www.verticalresponse.com

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :

Please drop your comment